Saturday, November 29, 2014

Eugene Marsh 1969 Banshee


My Fellow Banshees,

I served with you in Vietnam 1969, B Troop 2/17th Cavalry.   On May 15, 2014, I graduated from Rider University, with a Bachelor’s Degree in Liberal Arts and a minor in history.  In addition, Rider University selected me to deliver the “Commencement Address.”   I became the first African-American and Vietnam Veteran to receive this distinct honor.

Here is a link to the 2014 Rider University Commencement Address that I delivered on May 15.

********

On September 9th, I was honored by the First Lady of NJ, Mrs. Mary Pat Christie, where I received the "Heart of a Hero" Scholarship.

In addition, I was honored on October 18th at Mercer County Communication College, where I received the Alumni Leadership Award and my Associate in Science Degree / Architectural. 

I am in graduate school at Rider University, pursing a master's in Clinical Mental Health and I am currently writing my life story, beginning in South Carolina to completing my college education.

For my brothers who may or may not remember me, I have attached a picture of self with the First Lady of New Jersey.

********

LOOKING FOR PICTURES:


If you have Vietnam Era pictures or events that you would like to share in my book, please email the item to me at:  MARSHE66.EM@GMAIL.COM.  I would welcome, in addition, group pictures of the unit which I would possibly like to include in my book.

Please feel free to contact me at my e-mail address MARSHE66.EM@GMAIL.COM.

Sincerely,
Eugene Marsh, Vietnam Veteran

No comments:

Post a Comment